Serve with red cabbage and Spaetzle.(German dumplings) for an authentic German meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs round steaks, sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 small carrots, cut in strips
- 14 medium green beans or 14 medium asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces beef broth
- 8 ounces water
- 1Pound beef and cut in 14 pieces 6” x 8”. Melt butter in skillet, add onion and sauté till soft; set aside.
- 2In medium bowl, mix breadcrumbs, poultry seasoning, dry mustard, salt, pepper, chicken broth and cooked onion.
- 3Spread a bit of the mixture on each piece of meat. Top with 1 carrot strip and 1 green bean.
- 4Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 5Brown each roll in butter and oil.
- 6Remove toothpicks, place rolls in greased baking dish.
- 7Deglaze skillet with beef broth and water, thikden with flour and spoon over roulades.
- 8Seal baking dish and bake 2 hours at 325*.
- 9Makes 14 rolls.
- 10A make-ahead dish that can be stored in the refrigerator until cooking time.
- 11Dish that lends itself to slow cooking. Cook on Low for 7 hours.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Rouladen
Serving Size: 1 (2108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 388.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 17.8 g