1/2 Photos of Swiss Roll With Lemon - Curd Filling
A recipe I found looking for Swiss recipes for that region in the ZWT. This is from alleasyrecipes.com from the Swiss food section. It calls for purchased or already made lemon curd.
My Private Note
17 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Using a pastry brush, coat the bottom and sides of an ll-by-17-inch jelly-roll pan with 1 tablespoon of softened butter. Line the pan with a 22-inch-long strip of wax paper, and let the paper extend over the ends of the pan.
- 2Brush the remaining butter over the paper, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour over it, tipping the pan to spread the flour evenly. Invert the pan and rap it sharply to remove the excess.
- 3With a whisk or a rotary or electric beater, beat the 6 tablespoons of sugar and the eggs together until the mixture is light and fluffy. A little at a time, sift the self-rising flour over the eggs, folding the mixture together gently but thoroughly with a rubber spatula. Do not overmix.
- 4Pour the batter into the jelly-roll pan and, with a spatula, spread it out evenly. Bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, or until the top is a light golden color and the cake has begun to come away from the sides of the pan.
- 5Remove the cake from the oven and dust it evenly with the superfine sugar. Then turn it out on a sheet of wax paper and gently peel off the paper.
- 6Spread the top of the cake evenly with lemon curd and, starting at the long edge, roll it into a cylinder. Cool to room temperature. To serve, cut the cake into 1-inch slices and arrange the slices attractively on a plate.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Roll With Lemon - Curd Filling
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 17
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 75.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g