- 1 medium red cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium apple, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup red currant jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large container.
- Cover and let marinate overnight.
- Place in large saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 11/2 hours until cabbage is cooked and the liquid has evaporated.
- Dish can be made ahead, refrigerated and reheated in the microwave when needed.