An amazingly delicious meal cooked on a raclette, Originally used in the ski lodges after a day of skiing the raclette usually sits on the middle of the table for everyone to use. No! its not a fondue! this has loads of vegetables, and some meat which you cook in small dishes on top of the raclette, usually with some seasonings as well. Once cooked you put a layer of cheese over the top and slide it back under the raclette grill. Once the cheese has melted just serve over a couple of small cooked new potatoes, then you load up and start cooking again… a great social meal with a good glass of wine!
- 1 asparagus, bunch cooked, in thick slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 capsicum, red and green diced
- 1 cup sweet corn, cooked
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 -4 bacon, slices chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salami, Hot, chopped
- herbes de provence
- peri-peri, spice
- 250 g cheese, Raclette or 250 g a melting cheese
- 500 g potatoes, baby, cooked
- Chop up the Bacon and Salami. set to one side. Blanche the Asparagus and just bring the sweet corn to the boil and drain. Leave to cool.
- Chop up the onion, Tomato and capsicum into small dice, put them all in individual small dishes and cover all the prepared ingredients.
- Cook the potatoes, and serve hot with all the ingredients on the table. People can then help themselves to what they like, usually putting on the bacon and uncooked vegetables first so that they cook well. Add the spices to taste.
- Add the Asparagus and corn, then put a thin layer of cheese over the top, slide under the frill part of the raclette and heat until the cheese has melted.
- Put just two new Potatoes on the plate, cut open and add the cooked mix over them.
- Refill your cooking utensil and start over again, most will have three to four helpings,.
- Its delicious, relaxing and so much fun.