Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and add potatoes Toss the shredded cheese with flour, salt and pepper.
- Add to skillet and blend well.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and cream.
- Blend into the potato mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 9" square baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350.
- Cool for five minutes, then cut in squares.
- This can be prepared the day before and refrigerated overnight.
- Cover before refrigerating.
- Remove from refrig about 30 minutes before baking and bake for about 30- 40 minutes until golden brown.
Very good! I like this much better than scalloped potatoes...love the way it sets up like a custard between the potato cubes. Thanks for posting!
I have made this many many times. It is a family favorite. You can assemble this ahead of time.