Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a nice side dish for the holidays. Recipe is from Pillsbury.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Mmmmm....... swiss cheese and potatoes. What's not to love? I used fresh minced onion (about 1/4 cup) instead of onion powder. The only things I would change are: 1) I'd cut the amount of nutmeg in half. The nutmeg flavor was as bit to strong, IMO. 2) Also, I think it was a bit dry, so I'd add a little more milk. All in all, this is a greta recipe and I will make this again. Thanx!
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9-inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In baking dish, mix potaoes and cheese.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour; cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt, onion powder, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until mixture is set and top is lightly browned.