Recipe by Lavender Lynn
A real kid-pleaser - strips of inexpensive pork chops smothered in a mushroom sour cream sauce.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was super delicious and quite easy to make. The touch of lemon juice stirred in (in the last step) added quite a nice touch. But the creamy sauce is what really makes this delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Lavender Lynn. Made for Culinary Quest 2015 (Swiss).
- 1 lb pork loin chop, boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork crosswise into thin strips.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry pork, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned but still slightly pink inside. With slotted spoon, transfer to plate.
- Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until no liquid remains.
- Return pork to pan. Stir in sour cream and stock; cook, without boiling, for 1 minute or until hot. Stir in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with parsley.