- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1 lb swiss cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut loaf of French bread into 10 slices, 3/4 of the way through.
- Insert slices of Swiss Cheese between each of the bread slices.
- Saute onion in butter until transparent, not brown.
- Add poppy seed to butter.
- Spoon butter/onion/poppy seed mixture between the slices of bread and cheese.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 300 degrees until the cheese melts and the bread is hot throughout, about 20-25 minutes.