Recipe by mandabears
Elegant and easy. I got this out of one of my community cookbooks, but it tastes like something a restaurant in Atlantic City New Jersey used to make. I think the restaurant is now closed.
Top Review by Bobtail
This is quite simply an impressive dish, but so easy to prepare! I agree with the previous reviewer, either prepare 1/2 the cream mixture and chocolate or double the recipe! I did use pears in light syrup, but would recommend using ones in heavy syrup as instructed in the recipe, so you will have more pear flavor. I think I let my chocolate sauce cool a bit too much as I could not get it to drizzle like I wanted, it just "dotted" on the pears. I topped mine with a cherry, just for color. DH and I really loved this. I cannot wait to prepare it for company. I felt so elegant serving this (LOL)! Thanks Mandabears!
- 1 cup whipping cream, well chilled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (29 ounce) can pears in heavy syrup, drained, reserve 2 1/2 ounces of syrup
- 4 ounces German cooking chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip cream until thick, add sugar and continue to whip until thick.
- Drain pears well.
- Melt chocolate with reserved syrup.
- Put pears in a large bowl, a glass bowl makes a nice presentation.
- Cover pears with whipped cream.
- Cool chocolate mixture, then pour or spoon chocolate carefully over whipped cream.
- Chill well.