Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of Home; family favorite.
- 2 cups chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook and stir red onion and sugar in oil over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove 1/4 cup; set aside.
- To the skillet, add green onions, mustard, and thyme; mix well.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into skillet; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Top with reserved onion mixture and remaining cheese.
- Cut into wedges.
This was a delicious oven omelet. Very oniony which is what we liked so much. I added a little oregano. Quick and easy. Swiss cheese gave a great flavor. Thanks Nurse Di.