Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy little handheld breakfast thing invented on the fly from odds and ends. In a class of its own somewhere betwewen a healthier Eggs Benedict and the ubiquitous "McMuffin." Can easily be doubled, tripled or quadrupled as required.
- 1 toasted split English muffin
- 3 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1⁄2 green onion, green part only, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, garden vegetable flavour
- 1 slice swiss cheese, smoked Gouda or 1 slice emmenthaler cheese
- 1 boston lettuce leaf
- 1 slice vine-ripened tomatoes, patted dry
- 1 small handful alfalfa sprout
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon smooth cashew butter
- seasoned salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- Assemble all ingredients beforehand.
- Coat a small nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, Place over a medium high heat. Pour in Eggbeaters, sprinkle with seasoned salt, cracked pepper and the green onion.
- Meanwhile, microwave the bacon between paper towels for 3 minutes until crisp. Meanwhile, split and toast the muffin.
- Spread muffin on bottom side with HP sauce and on the top side with cashew butter.
- Assembly: Place the cooked eggs on the HP half of prepared muffin. Top eggs with cheese, then cheese with bacon crisscrossed crosswise. Then Boston lettuce leaf, then tomato, then top with sprouts. Place the cashew buttter lid on top and enjoy.