Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another "Home Cooking" recipe. A short cut bread easy making for the beginner.
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl combine cheese and minced onion with dry ingredients of hot-roll mix.
- Prepare mix according to package directions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes). Shape into a 5-inch ball and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Very easy bread to make and tastes like homemade not from a box. I have always had trouble kneading and getting a good rise on bread when I made it but this worked out really well for me. Love sesame or poppy seeds so added some sesame seeds on top of the bread too. The only thing I would do differently next time is add a bit more swiss cheese as the onion flavor took over for us. Thank you sweetie for posting this recipe! Made and reviewed for KK's Mini Cook-a-thon.
Well now this is a wonderful and quick recipe! I love that I can whip this together in minutes, and have a delicious hot and flavorful bread to serve with soup or stews! In fact this was served with CoffeeB's Beef Stew for dinner! Loved it! Thank you Char! I will be using this often! Made for KK Mini Cookathon!
A great easy recipe, not just for beginners. This is a nice one to make when you're tired after a long day. The flavors remind me a little of French onion soup, and this bread would make a wonderful accompaniment to soup, or a big bowl of chili. Thanks for posting!