Recipe by Chabear01
Another "Home Cooking" recipe. A short cut bread easy making for the beginner.
Top Review by lauralie41
Very easy bread to make and tastes like homemade not from a box. I have always had trouble kneading and getting a good rise on bread when I made it but this worked out really well for me. Love sesame or poppy seeds so added some sesame seeds on top of the bread too. The only thing I would do differently next time is add a bit more swiss cheese as the onion flavor took over for us. Thank you sweetie for posting this recipe! Made and reviewed for KK's Mini Cook-a-thon.
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl combine cheese and minced onion with dry ingredients of hot-roll mix.
- Prepare mix according to package directions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes). Shape into a 5-inch ball and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Remove to a wire rack to cool.