Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cheese and onions.
- Combine eggs and buttermilk,stir into cheese mixture just until moistened.
- Drop by tbablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until browned.