Recipe by peppermintkitty
My Dh just loves any kind of pot pie, so thought I'd try this little different version. It was really good, easy, and filling. I served this with beer bread and a crisp garden salad. I took this from our state daily paper over the holidays. If you like mushrooms, I think you will like this easy recipe. Thanks for trying this.
Top Review by Pepper Monkey
This was good and very cheesy! I made the crust as instructed but it seemed a little dry so i added some water to soften it up a bit. The crust came out, but it was still a bit crumbly. I will assume this was my own error and I will try again another time. I did all of the other ingredients as suggested and it came out wonderfully. I love mushrooms and cheese. I served this with some hamburger steaks and it made a wonderful compliment to them. Thanks for the easy recipe, I will be using again. :)
Swiss Cheese Press-In Crust
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup aged swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh brown button mushrooms or 1 lb white mushroom, cleaned
- 1 1⁄2 cups aged shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425 degrees The Pressed In Crust Measure the flour into a large bowl Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles moist crumbs.
- Press the crust into a 9" glass or porcelain quiche pan or pie pan.
- Bake 10 min.
- or until lightly browned.
- The Filling Heat the butter in a heavy skillet, add the garlic and stir over low heat for 2 minutes Add 8 mushroom caps to the pan and cook just until glazed.
- 1-2 minutes.
- remove them and reserve Slice the remaining mushrooms with the stems and add to pan Cook and stir until the mushrooms are browned and any released liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the baked crust Top the cheese with the mushrooms, then the remaining cheese.
- Mix the salt, cream and eggs and pour into the pan, covering the ingredients evenly Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted just off center comes out clean.
- About 5 minutes before removing the pie from the oven, place the reserved mushroom caps on top of the pie, spacing them evenly around the edge.