Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This easy to make pie hit the spot for my DH especially. It is so easy to make. I found it at the Mountainview Mushrooms internet site, by Rita Weaver.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagerefrigerated pie pastry
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb swiss cheese, sliced
- Line a 9" pie plate with bottom pastry; trim the edge even.
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter; drain.
- Arrange half of the cheese slices in the crust.
- Top with half of the mushroom mixture; repeat layers.
- Place remaining pastry over the filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Cut slits in the top.
- Bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
- Note: I think more onion, maybe 1 tablespoon total and perhaps 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg added would be good, too.
Haven't made this yet but, think I'll make it as tarts. Sounds wonderful.