Recipe by mama smurf
Found this in the Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Cookbook and added red peppers, onions, fresh asparagus and topped with green onions or parsley..
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄8 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced asparagus
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile in a food processor, combine the cheese, 3 tablespoons butter, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and asparagus in remaining butter until tender. Drain orzo and add to vegetable mixture. Stir in cheese mixture until melted. Top with green onions.