Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Reminds me of Chicken cordon blue. I put 15 minutes for cooking time but it realy depends on your chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (25)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 4 slices ham (I use deli ham)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 in thick.
- In a shallow bowl lightly beat the egg.
- Combine the cracker crumbs and salt in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken i the egg the coat in crackers,set aside, In a large oven proof skillet saute mushrooms in 1 T butter,until tender.
- In same skillet add remaining margarine.
- Add chicken and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Top each chicken with slice of ham,mushrooms and cheese.
- Broil 4in from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- What can also be done is to prepare this in a glass baking dish if no oven proof baking dish is around.
This recipe is so yummy! I had gotten it from Taste of Home, and it's one of mine and my husband's favorites! I have made it when company comes over too, and they all loved it! Fairly quick and easy, and the kids love it just as much!