From Canadian Living and posted for ZWT 7 This is a great tasting healthy muesli that children and adults will both enjoy.
- 1 cup large-flake rolled oats
- 1 cup fat-free fruit-flavoured yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries or 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- 2 cups sliced fresh fruit (such as strawberries, nectarines, raspberries, blueberries or pears)
- In large airtight container, stir oats, yogurt, milk, almonds, dried cranberries and blueberries, and apple.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or for up to 3 days.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with sliced fresh fruit.
I made this using soy milk. The taste is much better than I imagined. My family likes it and it is very healthy for them. Thanks for posting this.
This is good. Like awalde I never let mine sit a long time as I prefer it fresh, not mushy. I used some Balkan (thick) yogurt and banana strawberry Yop for the milk (a yogurt fruit flavoured beverage). I used crasins, dried currants, as that is what I had on hand, red delicious apple for the same reason but think granny smith would work better in this, I served it with sliced fresh strawberries and raspberries on top. Made for ZWT7 Switzerland, for my team Food.Commanods
We really liked this! It had a lovely taste and was very convenient. I think we will experiment with more flavor combos! Thanks for a great recipe base! Done for ZWT7