Recipe by LonghornMama
I found this recipe about five years ago on topsecretrecipes.com, but had forgotten about it until I tried mariposa13's Ww 3 Points - Swiss Miss Fat-Free Chocolate Fudge Pudding. With one can of fat free sweetened condensed milk, you could make both recipes and have lots of healthy treats! You'll never miss the fat!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 dash salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cornstarch with the fat free milk in a medium saucepan and whisk thoroughly to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, salt and tapioca to the pan. Stir until smooth and then set the pan aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, bring the mixture to a boil over medium low heat, stirring constantly until it thickens, then cover and remove from heat. Let the pudding sit, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla, then transfer the pudding to serving cups. Cover the cups with plastic wrap and let them chill for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.