- 8 slices Italian bread, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 4 slices reduced-fat swiss cheese, each cut in half
- 8 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread outside of each piece of bread with 1 t butter.
- Layer 4 slices of bread with 2 pieces of cheese and 2 slices of tomato each.
- Salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top each sandwich evenly with the basil and 1 slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place 1 sandwich into skillet.
- Cook, turning once, until sandwich is golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.