Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted in response to a Request A Recipe discussion.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 12 slices dark rye bread, toasted
- Mix well the first 7 ingredients (meat through to pepper) and form into twelve 1/4-inch thick patties.
- Melt the butter and saute the mushrooms lightly in it.
- Place on 6 of the patties.
- Top with remaining patties and seal edges.
- Broil or grill to desired doneness.
- Top with cheese.
- Place each patty on a slice of toasted bread and top with another slice of toast.
I can always count on you for a great burger! Ever since your Bue Cheese burgers we have been hooked. This was great, I never thought of putting the ketchup IN the meat mixture, adds a nice touch of flavor.