Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a long-time friend's cookbook compilation.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 -3 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F Beat the egg in a large bowl, add sage, salt and pepper and mix. Add beef, cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup cheese and the onion.
- Form into a loaf and place in a 2 quart loaf pan. Arrange bacon on top of loaf.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake 10 minutes longer.
This was good, A change from my family's usual meatloaf.
Tasty, moist meatloaf with lovely flavor. When I served it I added a tablespoon of Salsa, The color was great and it kicked the flavor up a notch. I should really call It Canadian Meat loaf. I didn't have Swiss Cheese so I used a mixture of Canadian Cheddar & Habenaro Gouda - MMMM good Thanks "Pick a chef" for my good sense to adopt Kymmarie and cook this recipe
Great meatloaf! I am not a fan of meatloaf, but this was really good. It stayed nice and moist and tasty. I doubled the recipe and made 4 smaller loaves. Everyone enjoyed it. I'll make this again. Thanx for posting!