Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very delictable stew.
- 1 lb lamb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups lamb stock or 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup turnip (Cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 8 white pearl onions (Peeled)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 g saffron
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cut lamb meat into 30gr cubes.
- Pan-fry lamb over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beef stock (or buillion), white wine and seasoning.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add turnips and pearl onions and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch (diluted with a little water) to thicken the sauce.
- Add about a pinch of saffron, then the cream, then adjust seasoning (salt and pepper) to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.