Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
from "The Swiss Cookbook". I haven't made it yet. To reduce dryness, try lowering the heat to 325 and test for doneness before removing. (Alternatively, this may be due to too much flour. Other honey cake recipes look like they use about 3.5 cups.)
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon crushed anise seed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cups flour (approximately)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Blend honey with the coffee, cream, kirsch, sugar and spices.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and soda; add it to the first mixture. Beat until smooth. The dough should be sticky.
- Put into a well-buttered 15x10 baking pan, spreading evenly to the corners. It should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Cut into bars.
This was OK. Flavor was nice but found it a bit dry. Maybe with a glaze over it would be nice. Thanks Made for ZWT 2011