Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for a potluck or just a delicious dish to serve to your family.
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup (or substitute any "Cream of" soup you have on hand)
- 8 ounces sour cream (ok to use light sour cream of plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (drained)
- buttered bread or cracker crumb, for topping
- Spray a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine soup, sour cream, peppers, onions and mushrooms in a medium size bowl Layer 1/2 noodles ham and cheese topping with half the soup mixture; repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with the buttered crumb topping.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I made this for dinner tonight and was not impressed. It might have been better if it had been made with the peppers and mushrooms but I had to adapt it for picky eaters so it was pretty bland. I am not sure though that the "other stuff" as the kids call it, would have made a difference though.
This had a nice cheesy flavor with a hint of broccoli (and of course, the ham!)! I must admit I was a little worried about how thick it looked going into the pan and thought it might dry out the noodles or get pasty, but it didn't! I can see how broccoli soup affected the flavor and the taste of the dish would change every time with a different flavor of cream soup (lots of possibilities here!). I browned my crumbs under the broiler just a tad more. I'll be making this again for sure! Thanks for a nice recipe!