Sounds like a nice fondue. From Cooking.com and posted for ZWT7.
Make and share this Swiss Gruyere Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- Toss cheese with cornstarch in large bowl.
- Bring wine, lemon juice and garlic to simmer in heavy large saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Whisk 1 handful of cheese into wine until almost melted.
- Repeat with remaining cheese in about 5 more batches.
- Continue whisking until completely melted and fondue begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in Kirsch and nutmeg.
- Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner.
- Accompany with a platter of assorted dippers, fondue forks and plates.
- DIPPERS: Cubed crusty bread, boiled new potatoes, rounds of smoked sausage, cubed cooked chicken, blanched asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower florets and carrot sticks.
Just loved it! Enjoyed all the nuances of flavor, especially! We drag out the fondue pot once in a blue moon, but for this, I'm glad we did! Served with crusty french bread chunks (toasted) and an apple and pear, this was demolished by DH and I! I did reduce the recipe! LOL Thanks so much for sharing a fondue winner, lazyme!