1/1 Photo of Swiss Gruyere Fondue
Sounds like a nice fondue. From Cooking.com and posted for ZWT7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss cheese with cornstarch in large bowl.
- 2Bring wine, lemon juice and garlic to simmer in heavy large saucepan over high heat.
- 3Reduce heat to medium.
- 4Whisk 1 handful of cheese into wine until almost melted.
- 5Repeat with remaining cheese in about 5 more batches.
- 6Continue whisking until completely melted and fondue begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- 7Whisk in Kirsch and nutmeg.
- 8Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner.
- 9Accompany with a platter of assorted dippers, fondue forks and plates.
- 10DIPPERS: Cubed crusty bread, boiled new potatoes, rounds of smoked sausage, cubed cooked chicken, blanched asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower florets and carrot sticks.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Gruyere Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.3
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 256.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: