Recipe by lazyme
Sounds like a nice fondue. From Cooking.com and posted for ZWT7.
Top Review by alligirl
Just loved it! Enjoyed all the nuances of flavor, especially! We drag out the fondue pot once in a blue moon, but for this, I'm glad we did! Served with crusty french bread chunks (toasted) and an apple and pear, this was demolished by DH and I! I did reduce the recipe! LOL Thanks so much for sharing a fondue winner, lazyme!
- 16 ounces gruyere cheese, rind cut off, cheese grated (6 cups packed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -3 tablespoon kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- assorted dippers (see below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cheese with cornstarch in large bowl.
- Bring wine, lemon juice and garlic to simmer in heavy large saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Whisk 1 handful of cheese into wine until almost melted.
- Repeat with remaining cheese in about 5 more batches.
- Continue whisking until completely melted and fondue begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in Kirsch and nutmeg.
- Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner.
- Accompany with a platter of assorted dippers, fondue forks and plates.
- DIPPERS: Cubed crusty bread, boiled new potatoes, rounds of smoked sausage, cubed cooked chicken, blanched asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower florets and carrot sticks.