Sounds like a nice fondue. From Cooking.com and posted for ZWT7.
Make and share this Swiss Gruyere Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- Toss cheese with cornstarch in large bowl.
- Bring wine, lemon juice and garlic to simmer in heavy large saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Whisk 1 handful of cheese into wine until almost melted.
- Repeat with remaining cheese in about 5 more batches.
- Continue whisking until completely melted and fondue begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in Kirsch and nutmeg.
- Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner.
- Accompany with a platter of assorted dippers, fondue forks and plates.
- DIPPERS: Cubed crusty bread, boiled new potatoes, rounds of smoked sausage, cubed cooked chicken, blanched asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower florets and carrot sticks.