Recipe by pines506
This is a nice change from the traditional green bean casserole. I like it much better. This is my sister-in-law's recipe. She knows she has to bring it to all family functions and that the leftovers (if there are any) are all mine! Prep time includes the time it takes to cook the frozen green beans before assembling the casserole.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups drained cooked frozen string beans (french style green beans)
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tbsp butter, stir in flour, salt, pepper, sugar, onion.
- Add sour cream gradually until smooth.
- Add beans.
- Mix together and heat thoroughly.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Grate cheese over top.
- Crush cornflakes and mix with melted butter.
- Put on top of beans.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes at 400.