Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted for ZWT 7-Switzerland. Found on recipegoldmine.com.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced gruyere or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling. Add potatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Peel and shred potatoes or cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Heat butter in skillet until melted. Add potatoes, onions, and cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook uncovered over medium heat, turning frequently, until potatoes start to brown, about 10 minutes, adding 1 to 2 Tblsp. butter to prevent sticking if necessary.
- Press potatoes with spatula to form a flat cake; sprinkle with water. Cover and cook over low heat, without stirring, until bottom is golden brown and crusty, about 10 minutes. Place inverted platter over skillet; invert potatoes onto platter.
So tasty and simple to make. Great side dish with ham. Made for your win Football Pool 11 week 17
Fast and easy I added parsley and used cheddar because that's what I had on hand. Thank you made for ZWT 7 for Saucy Silverados.
This is pure comfort food heaven! I could not stop eating this lovely rosti. Perfectly flavored by the onions and Gruyere.