Recipe by Sam #3
This recipe was taken from E-Cookbooks International Recipe Sampler
Top Review by Boomette
I used Emmenthal swiss cheese and gruyere. I used 1/2 cup of riesling white wine and remaining was apple juice. I used plain brandy. I had cherry brandy but wasn't too sure we would like it with it. I omitted the nutmeg. We had too much liquid. Maybe we did something wrong. The cheese wouldn't mix with the liquid. But the taste was great. It's probably out fault. I'm sure we added the cheese too fast in the wine. Thanks Sam :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 283.49 g swiss cheese, grated
- 283.49 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 425.24 g dry white wine
- 56.69 g kirschwasser (cherry brandy)
- 1 garlic clove
- 14.78 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml pepper
- French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes.
- Rub serving dish with garlic and add bread cubes.
- Mix cornstarch and brandy together.
- Heat wine until it starts to boil.
- The add grated cheeses, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the melted cheese, stirring until it is a cream consistency.
- Add nutmeg and pepper.
- Serve at once in fondue pot.