Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was taken from E-Cookbooks International Recipe Sampler
Make and share this Swiss Fondue - Switzerland recipe from Food.com.
- Cut bread into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes.
- Rub serving dish with garlic and add bread cubes.
- Mix cornstarch and brandy together.
- Heat wine until it starts to boil.
- The add grated cheeses, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the melted cheese, stirring until it is a cream consistency.
- Add nutmeg and pepper.
- Serve at once in fondue pot.
I used Emmenthal swiss cheese and gruyere. I used 1/2 cup of riesling white wine and remaining was apple juice. I used plain brandy. I had cherry brandy but wasn't too sure we would like it with it. I omitted the nutmeg. We had too much liquid. Maybe we did something wrong. The cheese wouldn't mix with the liquid. But the taste was great. It's probably out fault. I'm sure we added the cheese too fast in the wine. Thanks Sam :) Made for PRMR tag game
I only had regular brandy but otherwise made a 1/4 batch as directed. This is very easy to do. The wine and cheese go very well together. I made this exclusively for my DH as he is a swiss/gruyere lover. I used Pinot Grigiot for the white wine. He felt the brandy made it a bit strong, but perhaps that is why the recipe calls for cherry brandy. My half loaf of french bread 'myseriously' dissapeared last night, so I had to use white bread cubes. He gave this 4 stars, but said with a sweeter brandy and french bread, it would be definite 5-star! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)