Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is great if you like the taste of fondue, but don't have a fondue pot! Very tasty appetizer. If you want to give this some more zing, just add about 1/8 t. of your favorite dried spice (dill, basil, oregano, cayenne, garlic, etc.) to the cheese mixture.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
This was delicious and truly had a fondue taste! I added a bit of garlic powder and pepper as well. Next time I might reduce the mayo a bit as I'm not the biggest fan. Thanks!
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons scallions, rings
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 loaf French bread (about 1 lb.) or 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise (about 1 lb.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, wine, scallion and mustard and mix well. Stir in the Swiss cheese.
- Place the 2 halves of bread, cut side up, under the broiler and toast lightly. Remove from oven and spread the cheese mixture evenly over each half. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly. Slice bread and serve.