Recipe by Desperada
A regular request for birthday dinners. Delicious the first night but leftovers are even better (if there are any). I clipped this recipe from the newspaper several years ago.
Top Review by Texaspollock
WOW!!! Were these ever deelish!! I wasn't too sure about dipping the tortillas in cream but the flavor was fabulous!! I made this just as instructed. Thanks for one more great recipe!
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 dozen flour tortilla
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups cream
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in 2 T oil until soft.
- Add garlic, tomato puree, chilis and chicken. Season with salt and simmer 10 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot cream.
- Fry tortillas in about 1/2 inch hot oil. Do not let them crisp as they are about to be rolled.
- Dip each tortilla in the cream and place into a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Spoon a generous amount of the chicken mixture onto the tortilla and roll up.
- Fry, dip and stuff the remaining tortillas and arrange them in the pan.
- Pour remaining cream mixture over the rolled-up tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with avacado slices.