Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
A regular request for birthday dinners. Delicious the first night but leftovers are even better (if there are any). I clipped this recipe from the newspaper several years ago.
- Saute onion in 2 T oil until soft.
- Add garlic, tomato puree, chilis and chicken. Season with salt and simmer 10 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot cream.
- Fry tortillas in about 1/2 inch hot oil. Do not let them crisp as they are about to be rolled.
- Dip each tortilla in the cream and place into a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Spoon a generous amount of the chicken mixture onto the tortilla and roll up.
- Fry, dip and stuff the remaining tortillas and arrange them in the pan.
- Pour remaining cream mixture over the rolled-up tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with avacado slices.
WOW!!! Were these ever deelish!! I wasn't too sure about dipping the tortillas in cream but the flavor was fabulous!! I made this just as instructed. Thanks for one more great recipe!
This is one outstanding recipe for enchiladas. I followed the recipe as written. I know I'll be using this again and again. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2013.