1 hr 10 mins
A regular request for birthday dinners. Delicious the first night but leftovers are even better (if there are any). I clipped this recipe from the newspaper several years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in 2 T oil until soft.
- 2Add garlic, tomato puree, chilis and chicken. Season with salt and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot cream.
- 4Fry tortillas in about 1/2 inch hot oil. Do not let them crisp as they are about to be rolled.
- 5Dip each tortilla in the cream and place into a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- 6Spoon a generous amount of the chicken mixture onto the tortilla and roll up.
- 7Fry, dip and stuff the remaining tortillas and arrange them in the pan.
- 8Pour remaining cream mixture over the rolled-up tortillas.
- 9Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- 10Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 11Garnish with avacado slices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 991.2
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.7 mg
- Sodium 1894.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 36.5 g