Recipe by carolinajen4
I'm always looking for new ways to make enchiladas. This is a staff favorite from Cooking Light.
Top Review by Merlot
We found this dish to hit the spot and I can't wait to make it again. I cheated a little bit by using the meat from a rotisserie chicken which made this easy dish even easier. The combination of diced tomatoes and green chilies is perfect and all that yummy melted cheese.....yum. Thanks for sharing this winner, carolinajen4.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups roasted chicken breast, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- cumin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add cumin, if desired. Stir in chicken, garlic, chiles, and tomatoes. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Set aside.
- Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in salt.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture and about 2 1/2 tablespoons of cheese down center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange filled tortillas in bottom of 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour milk mixture over tortillas, and top evenly with 1 cup cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler. Broil casserole 3 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.