1/1 Photo of Swiss Cut Meat
Found this on World Recipes; posting for ZWT 7-Switzerland.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim veal of any fat and gristle and cut into thin strips.
- 2Clean mushooms and slice thinly.
- 3Chop onion.
- 4Heat a frying pan to medium-high, melt butter and lightly brown the strips of veal. Remove meat from pan and leave in a warm place.
- 5Fry the mushrooms in the pan for a few minutes with the lemon juice, turning them as necessary. Add the chopped onion, allow it to brown.
- 6Deglaze with the wine, and reduce the heat.
- 7Cover and braise gently for five minutes.
- 8While the mushrooms are cooking, beat the cream so that it thickens slightly.
- 9Return the meat to the pan, raise the heat, but do not allow to boil. Stir in the cream, taking care not to let it separate.
- 10Add the parsley.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Leave covered for another 2-3 minutes to rest and allow the flavors to mesh.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Cut Meat
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.3
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 189.7 mg
- Sodium 220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 25.4 g