Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this on World Recipes; posting for ZWT 7-Switzerland.
Make and share this Swiss Cut Meat recipe from Food.com.
- Trim veal of any fat and gristle and cut into thin strips.
- Clean mushooms and slice thinly.
- Chop onion.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high, melt butter and lightly brown the strips of veal. Remove meat from pan and leave in a warm place.
- Fry the mushrooms in the pan for a few minutes with the lemon juice, turning them as necessary. Add the chopped onion, allow it to brown.
- Deglaze with the wine, and reduce the heat.
- Cover and braise gently for five minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, beat the cream so that it thickens slightly.
- Return the meat to the pan, raise the heat, but do not allow to boil. Stir in the cream, taking care not to let it separate.
- Add the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave covered for another 2-3 minutes to rest and allow the flavors to mesh.
This was very tasty and the veal was very tender. I wouldn't change a thing.