Recipe by Lorac
A delicious way to dress up peas.
Top Review by smashmac
I made this last night with baked fish and stewed tomatoes. When my husband first saw this in the pot he said "Oh, gooey peas". After eating 2 helpings he rated it a 5 based on "the texture" and "the fact that it was not plain peas". I thought it had a good flavor and was easy to fix although it did leave a rather messy pot (melted cheese). I only used 2 sliced green onions instead of a cup, about 1/2 a cup of fat free half & half in place of the cream, and Kraft Italian shredded blend instead of the swiss. Thanks, Lorac, I'll be making this again.
- 3 cups frozen green peas
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 3 ounces shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peas according to package directions, drain.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a saucepan, add onion and cook until tender without browning.
- Add flour and salt, stir to coat.
- Add cream and lemon, cook and stir over medium high heat until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add drained peas, stir and serve.