Recipe by email@example.com
This is a delicious cake and also looks great. It takes a little effort, but sure worth it.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for in the directions)
- 3 eggs (or as called for in the directions)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as called for in the directions)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepillsbury coconut almond frosting mix
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 cups whipping cream
- grated chocolate (enough to cover the top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Bake in a greased and floured 13 x 9 inch pan, for 30-35 minutes, or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes, before removing from pan (cool completely).
- Combine dry frosting mix and instant coffee with the whipping cream.
- Beat until thickened.
- With a long bladed knife, cut the cooled cake horizontally to make 2 layers (this is a little hard).
- Divide the frosting in half.
- Spread on top of each layer.
- Stack layers, frosting side up.
- Sprinkle top layer with grated chocolate.
- Chill until served.