Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking white rice
- 2 (7 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- In skillet, melt butter and lightly saute celery, onion, and green bell pepper.
- Remove from heat and blend in flour.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- Add to skillet and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook sauce over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Lightly toss remaining ingredients except buttered crumbs and 1/2 c. shredded swiss cheese in crockpot.
- Add sauce; stir lightly to blend.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 5 hours.
- Pour contents of crockpot into shallow heatproof serving dish.
- Cover with buttered bread crumbs and sprinkle with 1/2 c.shredded cheese.
- Set under broiler until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are crunchy brown.