Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice, cheesy side dish.
Make and share this Swiss Corn Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a casserole dish; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine thawed corn, chopped scallions, shredded Swiss cheese, flour, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the evaporated milk.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold in the corn mixture.
- Pour the corn mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Mix the 2 tbsp melted butter with the crushed cracker crumbs; sprinkle over the corn casserole mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until a bit golden.
Although I had to make some substitutions because I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, (used 1% milk instead of evaporated, vidalia onions for the scallions + parsley and canned fried onion rings in lieu of crackers)this turned out very well. The cheesy flavor really comes through and it was equally good as a leftover. We certainly plan to have it again and again. Thank you for sharing.