Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
an excellent dish that I came up with. It can be served as a side dish, or a light supper. Easy to prepare.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups fresh cut corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup soft plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- cook corn in salted water until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Combine corn,milk, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and 3/4 cups of cheese.
- Pour into 10x6 baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup of cheese in bowl.
- Mix together, and sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
A great way to serve corn! This almost tasted like a mac and cheese but with corn instead of noodles. Very unique and tasty comfort food that's also not unhealthy.
This is a good corn casserole. I used frozen corn and Parmesan cheese. Next time I think I will try cheddar in it and also perhaps more bread crumbs on top. Made for I Went to the Market Tag Game.
I made this today using swiss cheese and did not like it at all.