Recipe by weekend cooker
an excellent dish that I came up with. It can be served as a side dish, or a light supper. Easy to prepare.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups fresh cut corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup soft plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
Directions See How It's Made
- cook corn in salted water until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Combine corn,milk, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and 3/4 cups of cheese.
- Pour into 10x6 baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup of cheese in bowl.
- Mix together, and sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.