Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Posting for ZWT 7. This recipe comes from myswitzerland.com
- 10 ounces extra dark bittersweet chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cognac or 1 -2 teaspoon orange juice
- 8 ounces cream
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Break up the chocolate. Melt it, together with the butter, in a sauce pan.
- With a hand mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar for at least 10 minutes until it becomes a light-colored thick mixture. Carefully fold in the liquid chocolate and butter. Flavor by adding the cognac. Beat the cream until it is stiff and fold into mixture.
- Line a 5 inch × 5 inch mold with cling film. Pour the mixture into the mold and keep in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours to set.
- Before serving, remove from the mold. Use a wet knife dipped in hot water to cut into 1 inch square pieces. Dust with cocoa powder. It is essential to keep this dish cool until it is served.
I did use the OJ rather than the cognac, but other than that, followed the recipe & we had some of the tastiest chocolate ever! Wonderfully satisfying for these 2 chocoholics! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup recipe tag]