Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Shared with me by a coworker. Another fix it and forget it recipe.
Make and share this Swiss Chicken Casserole (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- Spray crock pot with non stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in crock pot.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Top each piece of chicken with a cheese slice.
- Layer if necessary.
- Combine soup and milk and stir well.
- Spoon over mixture over chicken and cheese.
- Mix butter with stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle chicken with stuffing mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
I found this recipe to be quite simple. It's one of those fix it and forget it recipes. I loved that aspect of it. I did however have to add some touches to the ingredients. I ended up seasoning the chicken breast with all kinds of spices and putting the cheese inside the chicken breast. I put 2 cans of soup instead of 1 and added a little bit more stuffing. Overall, the chicken just fell apart when I tried to take it out and the stuffing was really good. I WILL make this dish again!
This one was so easy to throw together, and the result was delicious! The swiss cheese slices melted into the breasts and sauce giving it a lush richness! The stuffing was a perfect contrast for the sauce! The breasts themselves staymed moist and tender. Mine was done in about 4 hours. Nest time I make this I'll thrown in some chopped fresh mushrooms and onion-just a personal preferense. Thanks Dawn, this one will be made often!
Never Fail. My cousin made it with cheddar cheese, and says it was delicious also. Will be a standard in my house!