Recipe by Boca Pat
I've been making this for years, it's one of our favorites.
Top Review by PickleLover
Well my experience with this dish was a little different. It seemed really good, But i messed it up a little, because i drained the green beans then I was wondering why the rice was so dry. Well you can see I'm not the best at following recipes to a T! And the chicken wasn't so great, but there again I was using a brand of chicken i'd never tried before so that could be the culprit. But otherwise it was a really good flavour combination, I may try this again the right way :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3⁄4 cup milk (skim, low fat ok)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (reduced fat ok)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup canned French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 qt baking dish.
- In lge bowl combine rice, milk, beans and soup; blend well; pour into baking dish.
- Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and working from center, lightly pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove wrap and repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
- Place 1/4 cup swiss cheese on each chicken breast half; roll up jello roll style and place over rice mixture in baking dish.
- Cover with foil Bake for 50-55 minutes; top with onions; bake uncovered for about 5 to 10 more minutes.