Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been making this for years, it's one of our favorites.
Make and share this Swiss Chicken and Green Bean Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 qt baking dish.
- In lge bowl combine rice, milk, beans and soup; blend well; pour into baking dish.
- Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and working from center, lightly pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove wrap and repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
- Place 1/4 cup swiss cheese on each chicken breast half; roll up jello roll style and place over rice mixture in baking dish.
- Cover with foil Bake for 50-55 minutes; top with onions; bake uncovered for about 5 to 10 more minutes.
Well my experience with this dish was a little different. It seemed really good, But i messed it up a little, because i drained the green beans then I was wondering why the rice was so dry. Well you can see I'm not the best at following recipes to a T! And the chicken wasn't so great, but there again I was using a brand of chicken i'd never tried before so that could be the culprit. But otherwise it was a really good flavour combination, I may try this again the right way :)
This is great comfort food and easy to prepare. The chicken came out very moist and tender and oozing with melted cheese....ahhhh. I used cut green beans instead of the french because that is what I had on hand. Thanks, Boca Pat.
I really enjoyed this easy-to-prepare, one-dish meal! The kids were not so easy to convince however. Using green beans in a casserole is a nice change, and of course the cheese gives a nice smoothness to the dish. I am going to enjoy the leftovers!