Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Quick, easy and my family loves this.
Make and share this Swiss Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices swiss cheese (4 inch square)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Place chicken in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Top each breast with a cheese slice; set aside.
- Combine soup and milk, stirring until smooth; pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with stuffing mix, and drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
Simple and quick. I used approximately 1/4 t. garlic powder. Great for a busy school night. The sauce was creamy. The chicken was moist and the stuffing gave a little crunch. Probably next time I will add some Italian seasoning. Thanks Nurse Di.
I was making this for supper and came to see if it was already on Recipezaar! Mine (from a Southern Living Light cookbook) has all of the same ingredients in the same quantities except that it only calls for 3/4 cup stuffing mix and no butter. I have always made it with half a box of Stove Top and will continue to do so (because I don't know what I'm missing without that extra 1 1/4 cups of yummy breading!). This is a delicious meal and I just wanted to list the variation so that others would know it can be lightened up in this manner without affecting the taste.
This one is a keeper. It's one of those rare recipes that is so easy but tastes fantastic. I also used the leftovers to make a pot pie for dinner the second night. I just cut up the chicken, added some chopped broccoli and a can of cream of chicken soup. Pour on a mixture of Bisquick, milk and egg to make a crust and bake it. (The pot pie crust recipe is on the box of Bisquick!) All 3 of my children loved your recipe!