- 2 slices reduced-fat swiss cheese (thin slices)
- 4 chicken cutlets, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each cheese slice in half; place 1 half on top of each cutlet. Starting with a short end, tightly roll up cutlets, jelly-roll style. Tie securely with string.
- On waxed paper, combine flour and pepper. Mix well. Add cutlets; toss gently to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add cutlets; cook turning frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, wine, and dried oregano to skillet. Increase heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 to 12 minutes. Place on a serving plate; remove string.