Recipe by looneytunesfan
For people on a low budget this is an easy meal to make and it is easy to reheat. I have been told that this actually tastes better the next day once the flavors have a change to incorporate. This would be a great recipe to make the night before for a church function or potluck.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C).
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place the chicken breasts on the bottom. Mix the soup and water together and pour over the chicken breasts. Top each breast with a slice of Swiss cheese, then top it all with the breadcrumbs. Cut the butter or margarine into pads and place them over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Let cool and serve.
- NOTE: Can be made ahead for a potluck or function and served the following day giving the dish a chance for the flavors to meld.